Texas Instruments SFAB IT Application Developer in Sherman, Texas
Job ID 25919BR
Job Posting Title SFAB IT Application Developer
Job Description Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job:
The SFAB IT Application Developer will:
• Design, develop, document, install, modify and support new and existing applications, equipment monitoring, material handling, and decision support capabilities.
• Follow software process and contribute to technical architecture for a variety of manufacturing applications. Drive improvements to impact quality of applications.
• Work with factory organizations and vendors to understand, analyze, and define system requirements and modifications.
• Support production applications in a 7x24 manufacturing environment.
• Assist with business engagement with factory leadership to enable better communication and also manage prioritization and execution of projects
• Partner with IT Ops team as a whole and specifically the site Factory Operational Analyst (FOA)
• Engage with customer teams for requirements signoff and User Acceptance Test approval
• Respond to factory support escalations and follow up on support issues to help identify and correct root cause
•This role will serve as the IT liaison for engineering and manufacturing stakeholders in the factory
• Attend factory meetings as the representative for IT
• Define Requirements, Testing and Release Processes:
o Review, validate and present software requirements
o Design test case development and acquire pre-release testing approval
o Coordinate release scheduling and preparations
• Bachelor's degree in related field with 3+ years of experience
• Software development experience using UNIX/LINUX operating system
• Experience with a variety of programming languages
• Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing concepts, including equipment processing and wafer fab operations
• Ability to apply software development methodologies and utilize the software engineering process
• Experience with the development of client/server architecture and communication protocol
• Ability to employ troubleshooting skills to diagnose problems
• Experience working with engineering and manufacturing representatives to develop solutions
• Strong collaborator with experience working with global teams
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Minimum Years of Experience 3
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Sherman
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.