Texas Instruments Facilities Engineer in Sherman, Texas
Job ID 25913BR
Job Posting Title Facilities Engineer
Job Description Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
As a Facilities Engineer at TI, you’ll be directly responsible for building utility systems in support of our Sherman, TX semiconductor wafer fab. TI Facilities operates over 150 different utility systems that include chemicals, gasses, variety of electrical systems, water systems, HVAC, waste, vacuum, and controls. These systems are designed to run 24 hours a day, 365 days a year without interruption, creating a state of the art manufacturing environment. Facilities works closely with TI’s manufacturing team to understand how the utility systems impact the process as well as how to reduce consumption.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Managing requested projects and equipment installations, including project resources, schedules and budgets
• Providing technical support to the Facilities organization as a system expert over time
• Teaming with other engineering disciplines, management, internal customers, and suppliers to ensure projects and systems are cost effective, within budget, meet the desired design criteria and schedule guidelines
• Communicating and documenting the sequence of operations and design intent to others requiring information
• Providing capacity/demand analysis of utility systems and planning to support growth when required
• Providing analysis of critical utility systems to understand risks and developing solutions based on assessment
• Developing and reviewing maintenance and operational procedures to ensure best practices are in place and documented properly
• Designing and managing turnkey projects and coordinating contract work in the field
Put your talent to work with us as a Facilities Engineer – change the world, love your job!
• Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
• Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
• Demonstrated leadership and project management skills, including time management and priority setting
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type New College Grad - Non Co-Op
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Minimum Years of Experience 0
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Sherman
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.