Texas Instruments FAST Rotation Program - Field Applications Engineer track in Shanghai, China
As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
TI’s FAST (Field Applications & Sales Training) Rotation Program is designed to prepare Sales & Applications team members for customer-oriented careers that pair technical skills with business perspectives. The program provides experiences that help rising TIers understand how to successfully grow TI’s business and to thrive throughout their entire TI career. There are two available FAST program tracks: (1) Field Applications and (2) Technical Sales. If you are interested in also being considered for the Technical Sales track, please apply to that requisition separately
Field Applications Engineer track
This 12-month experience aims to establish rising Field Applications Engineers (FAEs) as technical TI experts with customer engineers and internal teams. The track includes two 6-month rotations*:
Rotation 1, Field Sales Office (FSO): The FSO rotation is centered on learning how to work directly with customers to solve technical challenges, and to ultimately maximize TI’s revenue by providing customers with the systems-level solutions that best address their design needs. Among other aspects, the FSO rotation focuses on analyzing technical trade-offs, understanding component selection, and solving design and cost challenges.
Rotation 2, Systems Engineering & Marketing (SEM Overseas): The SEM rotation provides hands-on experiences that help future FAEs understand how various TI components fit together to provide systems-level solutions for customer designs. This rotation focuses on technical product selection, schematic/layout capture, PCB layouts, fabrication processes, board bring up and validation.
Upon successful completion of the Field Applications Engineer track, rotators are welcomed as FAEs on TI’s China Sales & Applications team. FAE responsibilities include:
• Using various sales tools and relationships with design engineering to identify all potential projects
• Providing customers with proactive proposals for complete, system-level solutions that maximize TI content
• Using broad technical expertise to influence customers’ part selection process while favorably positioning TI versus competition
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
• Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or related field
• Knowledge and understanding of analog circuitry (examples include: op-amps, DC/DC power, data converters, sensing, etc.)
• Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, along with soldering and debugging skills
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
• Ability to take initiative and drive for results
• Fluent in both Chinese and English
Job: Engineering - Product Dev
Title: FAST Rotation Program - Field Applications Engineer track
Requisition ID: 25120BR