Texas Instruments ATD Test Engineer - Tech & Mfg Rotation Program in Santa Clara, California
As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Here's your chance to work as part of a dynamic and challenging engineering team on the latest semiconductor technology within the Analog Technology Development team.
The ATD team creates world-class manufacturing technologies by:
•Developing new process platforms with step-function improvements in performance and cost
•Extending roadmap process technologies with new features, models and reduced costs
•Creating innovative, breakthrough technologies for new markets and new products
The team is seeking a Test Development engineer to work with the new process development team to characterize and production test a wide range of high performance analog integrated circuits on a mix-signal ATE test platform.
The test development engineer will be working as part of a project team comprised of members from disciplines such as process development, process design kit development, design, product, assembly, quality, failure analysis engineering to bring a lead product concept to a new process release for qualification of new semiconductor processes.
Prospective Candidate will be mentored by senior staff to develop the skills necessary to be proficient in this opportunity.
Role and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate would have a general understanding of analog circuits. Candidate would be a self-starter and would be willing to work independently and with a team of experienced engineers in order to develop the skills required to code and build test solutions to confirm operability of circuits such as: switchers, regulators, LDO’s, amplifiers, analog to digital converters, power management, semiconductor IC processes, PCB design, CAD/Simulation tools and Software development.
• Development of innovative, reliable and efficient Probe and Test solutions on high performance mixed-signal ATE platforms in a range of integrated circuit IP.
• Execution of the Test Development Process including the development phases of Silicon Functionality, Characterization, Qualification, Yield Analysis
• Contribute to DFT/BIST definition & development to maximize test coverage, improve testability.
• Implement pre-tapeout verification of test solutions using Design Simulation tools.
• Define test limits and datasheet specifications based on simulation and characterization data and production test gauge R&R studies.
• Confirm complete test coverage of the critical performance parameters with statistical significance to ensure test solutions meet qualification requirements.
• Support failure analysis, yield enhancement and corrective actions to improve semiconductor quality.
• Manage and maintain project schedules and costs that align with the qualification milestones and targets.
• BS in EE, ECE, CS or related degree
•Minimum Cumulative 3.0 GPA
• Solid state knowledge.
• Any related knowledge or classes regarding semiconductor processing.
• Strong analytical skills. Ability to solve complex problems through design of appropriate experiments and analysis of complex data.
• Knowledge and interest regarding evaluation of analog and mixed signal circuits.
• Knowledge and proficiency of software languages ideally in VB, C/C .
• Knowledge of mixed signal PCB design and associated CAD/Simulation tools.
• Strong teamwork, inter-personal and communication skills are essential coupled with demonstrated ability to work at a high level of performance both independently and in large multi-discipline development teams spanning multiple time zones.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work to aggressive schedules.
• Some Experience working with bench evaluation equipment is preferred. (meters, oscilloscopes, analyzers)
•Strong verbal and written communication skills
•Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
•Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
•Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
•Sound decision-making capabilities and the ability to prioritize tasks and adapt accordingly
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering. Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Physics, or related degree
•Minimum Cumulative 3.0 GPA
Job: Engineering - Product Dev
Title: ATD Test Engineer - Tech & Mfg Rotation Program
Location: CA-Santa Clara
Requisition ID: 24834BR