Texas Instruments Systems Engineer (m/f) in the Low Power DC/DC product line in Freising, Germany
Job ID 23576BR
Job Posting Title Systems Engineer (m/f) in the Low Power DC/DC product line
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
System engineers work at the boundary where the technical and commercial worlds meet. Their job is to translate market requirements into great product definitions that can be implemented in silicon. Since they are responsible for defining how a new product needs to look like, system engineers have a direct impact on a product line's success.
Some of your specific responsibilities will include:
• Identifying new emerging end-equipment and understanding of the power requirements in those
• Alignment with Systems, Marketing and Application teams to identify needed features and resale prices
• Understanding and highlighting of the underlying problem a new device is going to solve for customers
• Translation of market requirements into a new product idea and datasheet
• Promotion of complete product portfolio and verification of new product ideas during customer meetings (worldwide)
• Competition analysis to ensure the new product can win in the targeted end-equipment
• Alignment with Design and Test engineers on what trade-offs we need to make during the development
• Validation of device on the Bench to ensure we meet the performance requirements
As a person, you are self-motivated, proactive and energetic with an ambitious approach to your assignments. You work with determination and persistence to achieve your goals. You are also flexible, adaptable and enjoy working in an international environment. The position requires a team player with a positive attitude.
Other qualifications and skills relevant for the position include:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (>3 years)
• Technically Competent. You understand the pros and cons of both system level (block diagram) and transistor level (schematic) solutions to perform trade-offs and propose alternatives.
• Strong proactive communication skills to effectively work with Design / Product / Test / Field Apps / Sales, Systems, Marketing teams and end customers
• Proficiency with bench level test equipment (i.e. DC power supplies, oscilloscopes, multi-meters)
• Willingness to travel internationally
• Fluent in English
• Benefit from a competitive salary, yearly profit sharing*, flexible working hours, the ability to work from home and many additional benefits
• Join an international work environment where your ideas count and where you can thrive in a diverse culture
• Explore a world of opportunities for your personal development
*dependent on company success
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Electrical Eng Technology
Electronics & Comm Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience 3
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Job Location(s) Germany-Freising
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.