Texas Instruments Analog Design Engineer - Custom Display Power (m/f/d) in Freising, Germany
Job ID 25946BR
Job Posting Title Analog Design Engineer - Custom Display Power (m/f/d)
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
TI’s Custom Display Power (CDP) product-line located in Freising, Germany, develops customer-specific power-management integrated circuits, which are used in LCD and AMOLED displays for medium and small form-factor portable consumer electronic devices such as tablets, mobile phones, and smart watches. The power-management solutions consist of several switch-mode DCDC converters, including buck, boost, and buck/boost converters to generate the required positive and/or negative supply rails. The CDP group is looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to join the team as Analog Design Engineer. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and proven technical accomplishments in the field of analog- and power-management circuit design.
• Discussion of specification needs with system engineers and translating customer requirements into design requirements.
• Perform conceptual studies and architecture reviews for new analog circuits
• Block-level modelling to ensure the product meets the system level specifications.
• Creation of building-block specifications to implement transistor-level designs.
• Implementation of design-for-test concepts of analog circuits in collaboration with test, validation, verification, and digital design engineers.
• Transistor-level design of analog circuits, e.g. gm-stages, OpAmps, comparators, linear regulators, and gate-drivers.
• Setup of mixed-signal testbenches to ensure block-level specifications are met.
• Thorough documentation of testbench and verification results.
• Lead and participate in design and specification reviews.
• Monitoring and supervision of the IC layout to minimize parasitic effects.
• Presentation and discussion of circuit implementation and simulation results with customers.
Master’s Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent qualification.
4+ years of experience in analog or precision-analog circuit design, preferably in the power management area.
Strong background in the field of analog design and/or precision-analog circuit design.
Strong understanding of control-loop theory, especially for precision-analog circuits in noisy switching power management environment.
Strong understanding of BCD semiconductor technology, devices, and layout.
Open personality with good customer interaction and excellent communication skills.
Highly self-motivated team player with the ability to collaborate with international and cross-functional teams.
Excellent English language skills
• Benefit from a competitive salary, yearly profit sharing*, flexible working hours, the ability to work from home, a permanent contract from the beginning and many additional benefits
• Join an international work environment where your ideas count and where you can thrive in a diverse culture
• Explore a world of opportunities for your personal and professional development
*dependent on company success
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Master's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical Eng Technology
Minimum Years of Experience 4
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Job Location(s) Germany-Freising
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:email@example.com to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.