Texas Instruments Test Technology Engineer (Rotation Program) in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 24109BR
Job Posting Title Test Technology Engineer (Rotation Program)
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job -
As an engineer in the Test Technology Group of Technology and Manufacturing, you’ll support the development and implementation of strategies that achieve profitability targets on assigned TI product lines through new product development, cost reduction, capacity expansion and yield enhancement projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Testing and troubleshooting issues
• Developing production and characterization test specifications
• Creating and managing product documentation
• Providing product development support, which involves interfacing with design, test engineering, quality engineering, and other groups
Additional responsibilities include:
• Designing, debugging, and correlating test hardware and software
• Designing interface and measurement circuits to make tester capabilities compatible with product definitions
You could work in one of the following roles based on degree:
• Software Engineer
• Mechanical Design Engineer
• Product Engineer
• Test Engineer
• Failure Analysis Engineer
You’ll have direct involvement in the entire life cycle of the products in your assigned within the product portfolio, including product definition, qualification, manufacturing, cost optimization, and quality. In addition, you will have the chance to resolve customer quality and application issues, and facilitates cross-functional teams in problem solving activities.
Put your talent to work with us as a Test Technology Engineer – change the world, love your job!
• BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Physics, Statistics or related field
• Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA, or higher
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Coursework providing knowledge and background in semiconductor processing, process control methodology and/or device failure analysis.
• Proficiency with bench level test equipment (i.e., DC power supplies, oscilloscopes, multi-meters).
• Experience with LabView, Spoffire, MatLab, JAVA, C++, and/or other programming skills
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type New College Grad - Non Co-Op
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Electrical & Computer Engineer
Minimum Years of Experience 0
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.