Texas Instruments Product Engineer - Tech & Mfg Rotation Program in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 25018BR
Job Posting Title Product Engineer - Tech & Mfg Rotation Program
Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job -
Experience how the latest innovative technologies are developed, built and optimized as a Product engineer. You will have the opportunity to work in a vibrant and dynamic team-oriented environment with exposure to a variety of state-of-the art applications each day.
Product engineers have the following responsibilities:
• Development work in support of a broad range of analog amplifiers, temperature sensors, sensor based analog front ends and application specific signal processing comprising of advanced Integrated Circuits that address Automotive and Industrial markets
• Collaborate and work in a team environment with Design, Applications, Test, Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality and Reliability in all aspects of new product development, production release to accomplish goals and objectives
• Perform evaluation, debug and characterization of integrated circuits to ensure they meet the product requirement specifications and manufacturing requirements
• Work with Quality, Manufacturing and Business Unit to determine root cause of any reliability and qualification failures and identify systemic improvements
• Work with IT, Manufacturing, R&D (process and package technology development) to develop and qualify tool technologies
• Work closely with the global manufacturing facilities to address customer specific product quality, yield management and cost reductions issues on mature products. Scope of work could include product spins and derivatives
You’ll have direct involvement in the entire life cycle of the products in your assigned within the product portfolio, including product definition, qualification, manufacturing, cost optimization, and quality. In addition, you will have the chance to resolve customer quality and application issues, and facilitates cross-functional teams in problem solving activities.
Put your talent to work with us as a Product Engineer for Product Quality – change the world, love your job!
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
• Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA, or higher
• Strong computer skills with experience in scripting language like Perl, Python for data processing, Java for internet web interface, and database SQL language for data extraction.
• Extensive knowledge of statistics and tools (like Spotfire, Matlab, JMP, Excel) to analyze large amounts of characterization data and determine and set production test limits and predict yield data
• Extensive hands on experience working with different lab equipment for taking data and / or performing device debug or failure analysis. For example use of the curve tracers; return loss analyzers, oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
• Experience with integrated circuit and device failure analysis
• Programming skills for automation of bench characterization equipment (Labview/Teststand), along with C and or C+• Have working knowledge of what is required to take a product from development stage to production
• Ability to work in a team setup comprising of other functional groups
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
• Strong problem solving, verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to multiplex between projects and be able to maintain project schedules
To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Job Opening Type Co-Op Conversion
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Related Field(s) of Study
Minimum Years of Experience 0
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.