Texas Instruments Event and Tradeshow Manager in Dallas, Texas
Job ID 25943BR
Job Posting Title Event and Tradeshow Manager
Job Description Change the world, love your job. At Texas Instruments (TI), you will have the opportunity to learn and grow – and create world-changing technology. For more than 80 years, TI has continually reinvented itself by believing in people with endless curiosity who refuse to leave the world just how they found it. From developing leading-edge semiconductor technologies and practicing responsible manufacturing, to caring for our employees and communities, innovating a better world is in our DNA. Come discover TI and why you belong here.
About the job:
The TI Corporate brand communications team is looking for an experienced tradeshow and event manager with 7-10 years of experience planning corporate events and tradeshows. This position will manage a small event and tradeshow team and will also serve as the lead for major corporate events such as leadership offsite planning retreats, internal conferences and large tradeshows including international. The position requires cross-business collaboration with an eye for details and process management.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a confident, experienced, take-charge professional with ability to manage relationships, vendors, logistics and financial and administrative tasks. The ability to travel (30-40%) is required and the candidate must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed during heavy planning periods.
As the event and tradeshow manager, this individual will have numerous responsibilities including:
• Responsible for planning and executing all executive events (such as senior leadership retreats, leadership conferences etc.) which requires poise, confidence and comfort in working with executives and senior leaders
• Serve as the lead for major internal and external events as assigned from start to finish
• Negotiate hotel and tradeshow contracts, arrange food and beverage, audio visual, equipment and signage, order tradeshow services
• Conduct research on event sites, potential tradeshows, giveaways, etc.
• Create and revise room layouts or tradeshow floor plans
• Work with vendors, secure estimates, and finalize billing at close of show or event
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
• Prepare event packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
• Prepare event and tradeshow estimates, track expenses and prepare actuals at completion
• Schedule events on the appropriate calendars and internal systems
• Create registration sites using SharePoint or Cvent
• Analyze event results and report findings
• Manage a small event and tradeshow team and assign work as appropriate to team members
• Ensure that sufficient resources and infrastructure is available to execute events and shows and assigns tasks to guarantee success
• Bachelor’s degree required; CMP or CTSM strongly preferred
• 7-10 years event and tradeshow experience preferably with a larger organization
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills and presenting
• Highly skilled in project management and problem solving
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once with excellent organization skills and little supervision
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills while demonstrating professionalism
• Experience managing executive-level meetings and familiarity with retreat venues suitable for senior leadership events
• Calm demeanor and ability to manage stressful situations with ease
• Ability to travel (some international) 30-40%
Other job requirements:
• Ability to think on your feet and quickly adapt to any issues that arise during events or tradeshows
• Ability to lead a team, constructively coach and develop talent; innate desire for operational excellence
• Ability to handle a variety of events and shows simultaneously
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to effectively influence across org boundaries
• Desired software/system skills: Microsoft Office/Outlook; Excel; Cvent, Asana
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or age.
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Minimum Years of Experience 7
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Country United States
Job Location(s) USA-Texas-Dallas Metroplex
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.