Texas Instruments Legal Counsel - Asia in Chengdu, China
Providing timely and efficient legal support for TI’s Greater China manufacturing operations, including TI’s Chengdu and Taipei fab and assembly-test business and activities. Assisting with TI’s ongoing construction/expansion projects in Chengdu. Rendering legal advice across multiple domains, including Environment Safety and Health, Facilities/Real Estate, Procurement, Logistics, Human Resources, Finance/Tax and Government Relations for TI’s Greater China manufacturing operations.
This would include, but is not limited to:
• Drafting and negotiating contracts and other documents;
• Examining and analyzing the impact of legislation/regulations and legislative/regulatory changes on TI’s activities;
• Assessing government investment incentives and concessions that could be availed by TI consequent to its operations/expansion and making recommendations in that regard;
• Facilitating real estate/infrastructure transactions and permitting activities;
• Working on issues related to conformance with environmental and safety norms;
• Advising on employment law and benefits;
• Assisting with investigations and employee disciplinary actions;
• Helping drive ethics and compliance activities and training (especially in the anti-corruption domain);
• Along with TI’s patent counsel and others, ensuring the protection of TI’s intellectual property and confidential information; and
• Managing disputes, including any litigation/arbitration, in conjunction with external counsel.
For a suitably experienced candidate, the role will provide an opportunity to serve on TI’s site leadership teams both in Chengdu and Taipei, and in this capacity, the attorney will be expected to help shape the site’s operating culture and strategies as a key member of the site management group.
Where required, the attorney may be called upon to support other members of TI’s South Asia Legal Team, especially those in TMG related roles in Malaysia and the Philippines, to ensure coordinated processes, training and advice. The attorney will also need to work closely with other members of TI’s Law Department supporting TI’s sales and applications activities in Greater China.
Bachelors degree in law from a recognized university. Member of the PRC Bar.
Title: Legal Counsel - Asia
Requisition ID: 26006BR