Texas Instruments Senior Systems Validation Engineer in Bangalore, India
Job ID 23075BR
Job Posting Title Senior Systems Validation Engineer
Job Description Who are we and what do we do?
We work in a fast growing group in Embedded Processing Processors department implementing Industrial Ethernet/Fieldbus protocol products (PRU-ICSS-INDUSTRIAL-SW) in TI SITARA Processors using our differentiated IP - PRU-ICSS via PRU firmware.
As a Senior Systems Validation Engineer in the team, you will be responsible for system validation of Industrial protocols on TI SITARA processors.
• Understand Standard Specifications/ the functional specifications/ feature enhancements for the product and create detailed test cases, integrate these test cases to test automation framework
• Be an individual contributor in the system validation – driving 100% automation of the system tests
What do we expect from you? (Mini Qualifications)
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science / Electrical engineering.
• 5+ years design experience
• Embedded software development – RTOS (TI-RTOS), Linux, Real Time Linux
• Experience in PROFINET, PROFIBUS Industrial Fieldbus Standards, IEEE TSN standards
• Experience in Industrial Ethernet Protocols Layer2 development and system validation
• Exposure to TI PRU-ICSS technology and firmware development
• Good understanding of Development tools GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Code Composer Studio
• Experience with PNO test tools for PROFINET certification (for validation role)
Preferred Skills/ Experience
• Experienced in C, Python language, Shell scripting
• Strong background in Industrial Communications and Networking domains
• PRU-ICSS firmware development background in assembly language is a big plus
• Familiarity with OpenTest, STAF framework, TSN and PROFINET conformance testing and knowhow of IXIA or Spirent tools for tests is a big plus for validation role
• Experienced with embedded software development and familiar with full software development cycle from definition through release to production.
• Experience in Embedded Linux development
• Experience in FPGA prototyping
• Effective communication skills to interact with all stakeholders.
• Team and People Skills: The candidate should have good people skills to work closely with the systems, apps, marketing and test teams
• Must be highly focused and remain committed to obtaining closure on project goals
Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Level Degree
Minimum Years of Experience 5
Regular / Temporary Regular
Full-time / Part-time Full-Time
Job Location(s) India-Bangalore
Virtual / Telecommute No
Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law – Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law. at https://infolink.ti.com/ext/staffing/eeoselfprint_poster.pdf
Affirmative Action Efforts
TI's affirmative action efforts — extending to women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans — are an important part of our commitment to equal employment opportunities. TI's Affirmative Action Program is available upon request at the Texas Instruments Ethics Office, located at 13570 North Central Expressway, MS 3961, Dallas, Texas 75243, or by email here at mailto:email@example.com , on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Central Time).
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable or limited in your ability to complete the application process, including the use or access of our website, as a result of a physical or mental impairment, you may request reasonable accommodations by clicking here at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to email us your request. Determinations of requests for accommodations due to disability are made on a case-by-case basis.